Research into Rise of Binge TV watching:
(Below are the screen shots of my research in Microsoft word )
Comparing prices for the Gotham Boxset (as an example) – to buy as a DVD set, on iTunes and prices to use a network:
Amazon prime instant
Conclusion from research and my outline for my essay:
- Beginning Binge TV watching – the title says it all really. The viewer sits and watches TV shows, for example like Gotham, Game of thrones or Walking Dead for long periods of time in the day. However Binge TV watching is not usually associated with regular TV shows – like Pointless, or Come dine with me.
- Middle The rise of this trend comes from the fact that network providers like – Netflix, Amazon Prime and NOW TV offer “bundles” where the viewer can download a whole season, which they can watch at their leisure – giving them control, and not having to wait an extra week to see the next episode.
- Argument Though easy to access it can be argued that the public may still prefer to watch a series the old fashioned way – via broadcast, and waiting for the next episode. Because the viewer can think about what happens next – and it builds the suspense of what is to come.
- Argument 2 However the downside to broadcast is that if the viewer misses an episode, the views the next one a week later they get confused with the plot.
- Conclusion In conclusion using Netflix, or Amazon prime, or Now TV, is a good thing due to the fact that once you’ve paid for the series – you can watch at your own leisure and watch it more than once. And you don’t have to worry about a disk being scratched from so much use.
(Below is my video essay – all images belong to their respected owners, this is NOT for profit but educational purposes. The only thing that does belong to me is the voice over)